Tuesday, March 1, 2011

make this, make it now.

Yesterday I was craving something chocolaty, not that it's anything new, when I came upon one of the most deeeelicious things I've ever popped in my mouth.  Nutella Brownies.  Just let that sink in for a minute.  I KNOW RIGHT??

So naturally, I just had to make them, and they were sooooo easy.  And when I say it's easy, it really really is.

Bake em' people - just do it. (recipe from ricardocuisine.com)



Nutella Brownies
Bottom of Form

Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 35 min
Output: 16 brownies 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup Nutella or other chocolate–hazelnut spread
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter, cooled slightly

Preparation

1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 325°F. Line the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) square cake pan with parchment paper, letting the paper extend over two opposite sides. Butter the two other sides.

2. In a bowl, combine the flour and salt. Set aside.

3. In another bowl, beat the eggs, hazelnut spread, brown sugar and vanilla extract with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture, alternating with the melted butter.

4. Scrape the batter into the cake pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out with a few crumbs attached (not completely clean), 35 to 40 minutes.

5. Cool in the pan for about 2 hours. Unmould and cut into squares.

6. Serve warm or at room temperature.



2 comments:

  1. I like the picture of whole, partly eaten, then gone! Maybe I'll try it right after I make chocolate chip cookies... man i've been craving them.

    ReplyDelete