Wednesday, September 26, 2012

you're a whole lot of lovely

Well, I'm ready to share with you our bedroom revamp... but do you remember my horrible nasty no good habit?  Yeah, I forgot to take before pictures, again.  Here's my theory: it looks so HORRIBLE before anything is done and I don't want to remember that so much - so if you will, just imagine something really dark, (don't forget that yucky pinky beige paint) and sorta cave like.

Also, do forgive me for never taking a picture of the whole room together... use that imagination I mentioned above ;)

 just to the left of the bed (which lily insisted on staying on)  we put up three large photographs and I love them, they are very soothing I think.


 This is at the end of the bed, and I am so freaking in love with these ikea baskets.  for so long this stupid bookcase was one big mess and now it looks clean and organized which warms my heart.

 Also, my mother in law let me have this sweet lamp and I just dressed it up with a new shade, yay!

 Lastly I decided I loved this phrase so much that I wanted it in our bedroom, cause I really do feel this way about the hubbs.  It was somewhat of an ordeal to get this to work (so much cutting out of letters) and I will be the first to admit that I'm not the best at choosing different tints and shades of watercolor paints, but I do like the finished product.  I love painting with watercolor and someday I'm going to be good at it.

It's so nice to have a room that I want to hang out in when I'm not sleeping... it only took us four years ;)



6 comments:

  1. Love the lamp! What paint color did you choose? I'm going to be painting our bedroom a gray...still deciding on a shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's by behr at home depot and it's called mild mind. yeah, I'm totally awful at deciding on paint colors, but I really like this one. :)

      Delete
  2. You, my friend, are a whole lotta lovely! ;) Love your craftiness, Mese- it all looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're soooo talented ! I'm thinking u could go into any number of businesses : interior decorator, party planner, obviously photography, teach a class on being awesome, etc. I just love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun space! its so you! cuteness!

    ReplyDelete