Wednesday, September 12, 2012
three
Lily will be three in four days. And I know I sound like a broken record here (see last year and the year before) but how did this happen??
My itty bitty baby is now a full fledged jabbering little lady. Sometimes I literally laugh out loud at what she says to me, and I am absolutely in love with who she is shaping into... minus the recent tantrums (we'll just pretend those don't exist). So, in lieu of all of this love I decided to write up a list of things I find funny, adorable, and totally wonderful about my little three year old. (really?? three??? okay, it's still totally crazy)
1. "mommy, what do you sink?" as she tries on a pair of uuuuuber high black heels at the shoe store
2. multiple gasps in the toy aisle as she discovers one princess bit of merchandise after another
3. hearing her patter into our room at 6 in the morning and then her whisper of: "mommy, I need food"
4. "mommy dance with me, you prince philip"
5. "she touch the finning (spinning) wheel and DIE"
6. hearing from across the house her version of the little mermaid's signature vocal scales
7. lily's pretend and the actual definition of pretend are totally different. lily's pretend is the real deal, like when you're "pretending" to eat chocolate you are actually eating chocolate, even if mom said no previously.
8. she finally has hair!! lots of it, and it's curly and golden and beautiful! worth the wait I suppose :)
9. I cannot for the life of me get her through an entire day without dressing up in her princess dresses, and it's adorable.
10. this one still melts my heart: "mommy, I luh you"
Here's a few of our little princess in the garden:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Haha... "Mommy, I need food." I love that. Somehow Hailey hasn't realized she can get out of bed whenever, so instead I wake up to "Mom! Open the door!" And I'm thinking the same thing... 3? Really?
ReplyDeleteHappy early birthday Lily!
Yah, I'm going to be three too...with a seven next to it. No big. Happy birthday big girl birthday Lily, Aunt Meg loves you!
ReplyDeleteI love the list! Super cute! Jane loves dressing up like a princess too and we have birthday parties for her as sleeping beauty daily
ReplyDeleteJust caught up on your blog. Seriously, it really is so fun to read. Your pictures are always incredible, and your fam so flippin beautiful. It makes me gasp multiple times, just like Lily in a toy store... :)
ReplyDelete