Tuesday, August 27, 2013

blackberry scones


Baking is kind of one of my favorite things... Unfortunately being pregnant in this heat hasn't really made me want to run and turn the oven on - enter gray clouds and rain. Normally I'm not a cloud-liking person, the grayness kind of depresses me - but those clouds have done a real bang up job of cooling things off, and the last four days have been heavenly.  So heavenly in fact that this morning I woke up wanting to bake.

There's just something about baking scones that makes you feel like a boss.  They are so completely beautiful, and apart from the mess of kneading them (especially when they have blackberries in them) they're actually pretty easy.  Here's the recipe just in case you want to make them and feel like a boss too.





there are very few things in this world that make me happier than blackberry scones with a generous slathering of apricot jam...

 but I'm pretty sure this is one of them.


{37 weeks}
can you believe I only have three weeks left???

1 comment: