Sunday, August 18, 2013

in the garden




Our garden this year has been slow going, and who knows why.  Last year we came home from vacation (in early July) and everything was running a muck! in a good way.  This year, we are just now seeing little watermelon and cantelope on the vines and I'm concerned that they won't get a chance to grow up into delicious tasty morsels before the frost comes.  Oh man, look at me talking like a farmer. lol.

{cantelope}


{watermelon}

see what I mean?? they should be oodles bigger by now, maybe I need to start going out and singing to them.  Anyhoo, the rest of the garden seems to be doing quite well here's the run down:

{green beans}
 {ghost pumpkins}
 {tomatoes - like four different varieties}
 {basil}

I think it's time to make some tomato basil soup!

All in all, it's been a great summer, sadly Kyle is going back to school tomorrow, but I suppose it's time for us to get back to a normal schedule.  Thankfully we've still got a few months of fabulous weather and a few birthdays to celebrate, including baby boy.  Life is about to change, isn't it wonderful??!

No comments:

Post a Comment