Monday, August 5, 2013

crepe fete



I was at Winco the other day and I almost laughed out loud when I saw this:


almost $5

pre-made crepes?? Oh no no no.  First of all, those don't look like crepes, they look like tortillas and quite possibly taste like them too.  And secondly, $5 for ten of them????  Appalling.  I've made crepes many times, thanks to my half Parisian sister (okay, she's not actually half Parisian but she went on a mission there, so...) and they are seriously BEYOND easy and insanely cheap.  Seeing that pre-made bag of crepes just made me sad and so I've decided to divulge the secret of crepe making with you - here are the ingredients needed:

2 eggs
1 2/3 cups of milk
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 tbs oil
1 crepe pan - (I got mine here)

Put the eggs and milk in a blender and combine, take your flour and while the blender is blending open up the top of the lid and pour it in a 1/2 cup at a time.  Heat up your crepe pan to about medium heat.  Take a paper towel dip it in the oil and rub it on the pan.  Using a 1/3 cup pour batter onto heated pan and move pan a bit of a circular motion until the batter is evenly coating the pan.  This part takes a little practice, but you'll get it.  Flip crepe once the first side browns - the second side takes like two seconds, once that side has little brown dots on it remove it from the pan onto a plate.  Repeat the steps from rubbing the oil on the pan to flipping, until all of the crepe batter is gone. Should make about ten crepes.

We like to sprinkle a bit of sugar in between each crepe to keep them from sticking, but you can do whatever you'd like.  And Voila, done!
....whoa complicated right?

Lily loves to help me, she's my sugar sprinkler....she can also down like five of these. attagirl.







 and crepes are just not complete without one last vital ingredient - nutella.



bon appetit!

2 comments:

  1. And they were quite good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouth watering here... and I just LOVE how you make normal haps look gorgeous- like hanging out in a regular kitchen- that lighting on Lil's face is just beautiful.

    Can I please be you when I grow up??

    ReplyDelete