Monday, April 14, 2014

birthdays and seven month old babies

So, I am



and it's kind of an iconic age.  My mother turned this age for about a decade, so I'm feeling like it's going to be a good "year".  My birthday was pretty awesome since it seemed to last all week long. Zion trip, AMAZING date (I may or may not have hit the jackpot at the nickelcade and scored myself 200 tickets in one sitting), a gift that you may be seeing a lot more of - my lovely tilt shift lens, and then my actual birthday rolled around and I was like.... okaaaaay.  More gifts, more celebrating, more cake and fun.  Say what??  We're off to a good start here 29.  Also, a bonus - my little man turned seven months on my birthday, and so he got extra kisses for that, it was rough for both of us.  

Seven months... man alive, he just keeps getting CUTER!  I am constantly in awe. Here are a few things he's up to/mastering/doing like a boss

Sitting Up  there is an occasional ka-boom where he biffs it but for the most part he is able to hold his fat self up, and that's saying a lot.

Eating seriously, this kid.  I am amazed at how much he can eat and how often.  We are now experiencing the joys of carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, pears, oatmeal and applesauce - and if it were possible he'd want them all in his mouth at the same time.

Crawling he is REALLY close on this one.  Just today he took two "steps" forward and Kyle and I freaked out... which may have in turn freaked him out, we can never be sure.

Love  he loves being loved.  This little guy hates being alone in the room, it's very traumatizing.

Teeth  I keep expecting his teeth to start coming up... but so far no dice.  Lots of gum swell-age and grumpiness but no pearly whites as of yet

I'm loving this stage he is in, it's so stinking adorable and fun.  He is getting so much more personality... I just can't wait until he can feed himself, does anyone else feel like sitting there putting in spoonful after spoonful is just a little bit tedious?  That's what I get for waiting four years in between I suppose. But I guess for this crazy cute little man I'll suck it up.












1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, he is adorable! He is right at the age where, in my opinion, the fun begins! Oh, that 29 birthday was hard for me. I'm in a bit of denial that 30 is waiting for me just around the corner. I'm glad your birthday was so fun! Makes it a bit easier to accept, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete