Thursday, April 24, 2014

the hunt



When I was younger I remember going to my grandparents' house on Easter for an epic Easter Egg Hunt.  They had enormous pine trees in front of their house, lots and lots of them, and tucked around, under and inside of these trees were HUNDREDS of colorful eggs. They. Were. Everywhere.  And I'll tell you as a kid there was very nearly nothing that could compare to the excitement of seeing all of these eggs dotting the yard while I stood lined up with my cousins, basket in hand and waiting for my grandpa to say "GO!"

My sister and I share this memory and so we decided to throw an equally epic hunt for all the kids so they could enjoy the same thrilling dash.  Sadly, there were a lot of family members unable to attend and we missed them a ton, but we had an amazing time.  We held a little lunch before hand and then after we'd eaten I went to the front yard with the kids while the adults hid somewhere around 200 Easter eggs and one golden egg, hidden well enough that whichever adult found it would get the ultimate bunny store prize.

The kids and I played games like "hop like a bunny" and "red light green light" and man were they itching to hunt for those eggs.  Especially since they'd been told that there was a bunny store.  Cash in your bunny tokens and GET PRIZES.  Molly and I may have been just as, if not more, excited about this aspect of the party but Lily took it very seriously and spent her bunny tokens wisely, "I'm not buying any candy because I already have candy, I'm buying TOYS!"

Well it was a fabulous party ending with a really fantastic cake.  So beautiful, so delicious.  The end.



























 








1 comment:

  1. Is this the party we missed?! I'm very bummed. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete