Wednesday, April 30, 2014

my book


Maybe some of you remember a certain photography project I did a few years ago - Project 365.  I basically took a picture a day for an entire year, and it was tough and wonderful all at the same time.  I feel like I grew as a photographer and in doing so I came away with a collection of photographs documenting our whole year in bits and pieces.  I've been meaning to make a book with all of these pictures in it for a while now (...it has been two years) and guess what, I finally did it.

It is so beautiful and I know it just sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, but seriously, I totally cried as I looked through it.  In a way I'm kind of glad it took me a few years to get to putting it together because it means that much more to me now.  Lily was so little then, just a chubby little toddler and it just hit me (as it so often does) how important pictures are to me and how much I love looking back and remembering.

It was a lot of work, I'm not sure anything has ever made me feel so proud and weepy and like a big ol' bucket of warm fuzzies was literally dumped on my head.  It's almost as if we have this year frozen in time, and that's got me feeling pretty amazing.







No comments:

Post a Comment