Thursday, April 10, 2014

Zion National Park ... hiking

Our little family took a trip to Zion National Park during Kyle's spring break last weekend.  Um, amazing.  And just in case you were wondering April is THE PERFECT time to visit this National Park.  SUBLIME.

It was a seriously fun trip with only a few minor hiccups (Wes blowing out of his diaper and then smearing it all over me... fun fun) and we realized that our young little family can totally do this; we don't have to stay home with our baby guy, he just comes with us and we can all bask in nature together.

This time we did forego the tent experience because I'm sorry I'm just NOT going to do that with a kid younger than two at the beginning of April, and we found a fun little one bedroom cabin to rent for pretty cheap.  Needless to say Lily was psyched, it was a sad day when we had to come home and leave our "cute little house" behind.

I think maybe the best part of the trip was the hiking though.  Lily was AWESOME.  Like seriously.  She was doing moderately difficult hikes without any complaining whatsoever and we were crazy proud.  We would get up super early in the morning (not necessarily by choice...) and get into the park by about 8:30 or so, then we'd ride the bus down the canyon - another Lily favorite - and hike for the day with our lunch in a backpack.  Kyle and I joked that we were the pack mules, I carried Wes and Kyle carried the backpack which we were pretty sure was probably just as heavy.  It was a small price to pay for the beauty we were able to see and take pictures of.  I think sometimes that Kyle and I are kind of the perfect couple... he shoots the landscapes (like a master) and I catch all of the goings on, life as it's happening stuff, so we seriously come home with the WHOLE PACKAGE.  It's pretty stellar.  Don't hate me for the crazy load of pictures I'm about to dump on you, it was SO hard to narrow it down.  There may be a few more posts...





















3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We loved Zions. As beautiful as your pictures are (and they really are...some of the best I've seen). It still can't seem to capture all that Zions is. The grand-ness and the beauty. It's a really special place. (Did that seem like a cut on your photos...because I repeat, yours are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh not at all! I totally get what you're saying! Kyle and I were commenting on that the whole time, how can you possibly photograph it properly??? It was just awesome

      Delete
  2. Zions is so fun, isn't it!? Fantastic photos! I'm glad you all got out and did something fun and different. Kyle and I would like to do more of that.

    ReplyDelete