Thursday, March 27, 2014

swimmer




For the past month or so Lily has been enrolled in a swimming class at the Rec Center.  I think it should first be said that our Rec Center ROCKS.  Seriously, I can't wait until my stupid Gold's Gym contract ends so I can run as far away from those disorganized idiots and switch... but that's a rant for another day.  The Millers (my in-laws) have been so great to take Lily swimming at least once a week sort of ever since Wesley was born... and maybe even before.  She loves it.  There is a huge play place inside with water spraying everywhere and a lazy river etc.  It's pretty awesome.  Well, up until her swimming class she was NOT a fan of water being splashed on her, and now she just laughs and keeps running/splashing/playing.  Granted she still isn't interested in dunking her head, but we'll get there.  It was really fun watching her interact with her teacher and her other class mates (good heavens that girl is a serious flirt, uh-oh) and sometimes I feel like I just sort of blinked and she grew up.  When did this happen?  It's great that each stage is so wonderful, that way we don't really have to mourn the stages we've moved on from, right?

Well we're all looking forward to the summer when we can practice all of these new swimming skills, I think we're going to have to acquire a little rubber duck, since that was her favorite part.









No comments:

Post a Comment