Tuesday, March 25, 2014
six month baby
What the wha??? My baby is six months old.
I am constantly surprised by how FAST these months keep flying by... which may or may not be the reason for my tardiness in taking Wes's six month photos and doing this post. Goodness, the kid is almost seven months old ... hmm that sounds familiar oh yeah, that's exactly what happened last month.
I've been doing this photo thing each month (I'm not sure if you've noticed) and I was thinking about the last three months and looking at each picture individually and in my head I'm like, "yeah, he hasn't really changed that much..." so I decided to do a side by side of the first six months, and I was wrong; he definitely has changed. It's so much fun to see how he has changed, from skinny and tiny to jolly and chunky. Yes, I did say jolly. Pictures don't lie people.
Isn't he??? The new discovery for the past week or so has been his tongue. He can't seem to smile without it sneaking out, aaaand it's adorable. Here are a few other things that I've noticed changing in him:
He is a mover. He spins now on his belly trying to get at whatever looks most interesting, and occasionally he'll rock back and forth on his knees. Time to start child proofing (boo) since it's only a matter of time before he is off and running.
Chatty McGee. He is almost always making noise, and he. is. loud. It's kind of hard to get mad at him because it's so darn cute and he's trying so hard to actually say something. Don't worry kid, you'll get there.
No. He has mastered this one just recently, head shaking like a pro. It's hilarious.
Possibly TMI... He is very close to losing his nursing privileges as he has been biting. BITING. I feel betrayed in a way every time it happens and one time I looked right at him and very sternly said "NO" a few times. He immediately broke into tears and stuck is little lip out and of course I felt horrible.
Nicknames. I love the way that nicknames just evolve my most recent favorite is cinnamon bear.
SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. Is there even anything to say on this one besides possible tears of joy??? He is now in his crib in his room (a relief all it's own to have him out of our bedroom) and miracle of miracles, the boy sleeps. He does wake up around four or five to eat but I get 6-7 hours of beautiful uninterrupted sleep ALL TOGETHER! Another miracle is that when he wakes up Lily sleeps right through it, blessed girl. And that's saying a lot since she insists that her door stay wide open, Wesley's room is right next to hers and doesn't have a door.
Needless to say, this guy has us all wrapped, and I think he knows it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






He is adorable! About six months is when I think babies start becoming fun. I hear you on the sleeping through the night. That is HUGE! :)
ReplyDelete