
To celebrate Pioneer Day Kyle and I decided to go to a matinee to see an expensive movie for a discounted price =). We saw The Dark Knight, the new batman movie.
...and I hated it.
It was much much too long, I'd say they could have cut out the last half hour or so and had plenty to go on for the next film and they wouldn't have worn out their viewers emotions either; I felt totally drained with a headache to boot when it was finally over.
Besides it being too long, it was creepy and a little too realistic for my liking. I guess a lot of people like the kind of movies that sort of tear them apart inside but, call me crazy, I'd rather watch something that actually makes me feel better about the world we live in, not worse.
Granted I can't say I didn't have an inkling that the film would be the way it was, but I suppose I was just hoping it might surprise me.
No such luck.

HAHA dude you are crazy! I loved that movie! You better watch it again and make sure you know what you're saying... all the actors did such a good job. I can see your point though about being to realistic...some very disturbing things...like the disappearing pencil! EW
ReplyDeleteSo I am torn now! My boss told me the exact same thing you just said about the movie, and then Ive heard the same as Jami...I havent seen it yet so I am dying to know which side Im gonna be one! We shall see, dum dum dum...
ReplyDeleteOk, so yes, I do work at a bank and Id like to think it would be a promotion but I think in the end it would have been a demotion since I would be transfering to a different bank and would have to work my way up the totum pole again, who knows. In any case, Im not gonna take it, I for the most part like where I am (depending on the day:)
So what in the world are you up to these days?! Kyle is finishing up school right? James is nervous starting school, he has a learning disabilty and has never really done good in school. I keep telling him it will be sooo different going to BYU-I, the teachers are way better and understaning and the atmosphere is like no where else and makes a difference in motivation, at least thats how it was for me:) So we'll se I guess!
Girl, I miss you MORE!!!!! I also miss you and your guitar playin and vocals:) You should post something of yours on here, I would LOVE it!
When I had to work one night husband went without me to see it. I thought, maybe I wanted to see it, but I wasn't sure. when he came home he explained that I should be REALLY glad I didn't go. It does not fit in my movie criteria.
ReplyDelete1. Happy
2.Love story
3. Pleasent
4. Not spooky
So, I suppose I'll be passing on that spooky movie. I'm sensitive.