Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Boring Married Couple


Kyle's Posse came over last night and we played Mario Bros. old school style =) - it was great, lots of laughing, screaming etc.. Although, Kyle and I realized that we’ve become “the boring married couple”, the ones that get sleepy around ten when – according to Curtis – the night is still young. Maybe when you’re married you just know better how to listen to your body and when to say when.

When you’re single you can practically run your body to the ground and somehow you’re still able to pick yourself up and pull it together for work or school the next morning. Maybe it’s adrenaline? Maybe it’s just sheer oblivion? Whatever it is things just change once you’re married. You have a schedule, an actual schedule and when that gets messed up you feel like a bulldozer hit you in the morning.

There’s really no explanation for it, because the step to "the other side" is so gradual and subtle. I don’t even remember ever taking that step, all I know is I did and now we've become "the boring married couple" that prizes sleeping more than fun...what happened?!

2 comments:

  1. HA! You two are anything BUT a boring married couple! Seriously, I guess I dont know ya all that well... but unless youre totally lying on all your blog posts, youre a lot more interesting than most married couples I know. Just wait til ya have a baby. THEN youll really realize how nice sleep is :)
    Im so jealous of you getting to play old school mario. That would make my day. Did you know my brother steve was totally completely obsessed with video games? Growing up, he would literally be in front of the tube alllll day. The buttons on the controller would get worn down til they were almost gone. I just hope he doesnt pass that trait on to our nephews. Or maybe its too late... Im pretty sure Connor and Devin are into computer games...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I hear ya! There are nights I hit the hay at 9! But deffinitely no later than 10. Its like theres this switch thats automatically switched on when you get married that tells your body "YOUR OLD NOW, GO TO BED!" I dunno, I just I know what you mean:)
    Im waiting on some music from you girlfriend! Ill tell you what, how about you just try out for American Idol and then I can just watch you on TV! That works for me:) Plus you could get a record deal so I guess it would kinda work out for you too:)

    ReplyDelete