Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Old Man at Target

I like Target. Target likes me, we're buds. I thought I was possibly Target's biggest fan, seeing as I find myself going there quite a bit, but it seems as though someone else might enjoy it even more.

Twice now I've had the same cashier = the nicest old man I've ever met. He must be at least 90...okay maybe 80 - point being: the man is old. And one must ask oneself, 'what is a nice old man doing working at Target?" Kyle and I discussed this a couple days ago and we came up with a list of possible alternatives:

1. He's really really really bored

2. He didn't quite plan for his future - blowin' all his dough on Pacman

3. He loves Target more than his fluffy recliner at home - and for an old person that's pretty big


I think it's safe to say that Target lucked out big time. Whatever his reasons for being a cashier at Target I hope he sticks around. He's got such a lovely smile and he told me a very valuable bit of information as I was purchasing some of those hard plastic bowls: if you nuke them for too long - they explode. Who knew this?!

Yup, this man is a keeper.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Melese your stories just crack me up! I must say though....the whole pacman thing...see a doctor or download it for free on your computer! HAHA! I should tell ya my target story sometimes...it's intense but I still LOVE target as well! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- gotta love the old man! Dang wish he worked at the one up here- there seems to be NO good help at the one up here! Love the pacman story-- although I agree with Jami that you should download it for free :) Keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melese! You are so funny!:) Im so glad your in the blogging world too! I joined not too long ago figuring it was the best way to keep in touch with family since everyone is so scattered across the US, it has worked quite well. You guys look like your doing good, despite your poor car breaking down:( Im so sorry! If it makes you feel any better, James and I have both been in 4 car accidents total since weve been married which will be 2 years this sunday (crazy!) anywho, all four of them totalled our cars! Yeah, we dont have ANY luck with cars. Luckily none of them were our fault so weve been taken care of. You can read up on our most recent one on my blog, it was my husbands and it has been so far the worst, I am lucky to still have him.
    Anyways, Im glad I have another way to keep in touch with you! Keep up the smiling:)

    ReplyDelete