Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Duck Lords

Kyle and I went for a walk on Sunday with two slices of bread in tow. You guessed it, our duck friends were about to be given a very tasty treat. When we got closer we saw that another couple had our same idea only they'd brought what looked like an entire bag of bread to share.

So many ducks. SO many ducks.

Kyle and I moseyed over to the opposite side of the pond where a few ducks sat obviously not in the mood to fight the crowd - and I sort of liked that about them.

They were no Kool-Aid drinkers.

We started feeding these ducks and before we knew it the entire flock from across the pond was coming at us at full speed with that wild crazed look in their eyes - NEW BREAD!

In about three seconds we had become the new Duck Lords. Ducks clambering for our attention in every direction. Some even daring to come on shore for a tasty morsel.

The couple across the pond looked over at us, with our two measly slices of bread, clearly miffed... "excuse me, we were feeding those ducks".

Yeah, well you're not anymore... we are, the new Duck Lords. You see these ducks? You see how they can't get enough of our bread? Boom.

We dominated - unintentionally, but still domination is domination.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Its all about quality, not quantity- they must have thought your bread was gourmet- you know, really small portion sizes being super posh. :)
    Excellent visual by the way- I was nervous for a minute there that it was going to be a scene out of The Birds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such an enjoyable story. I wish I could have captured that on film. The Duck Lords- that's great. I'll have to write that one down.

    ReplyDelete