Friday, January 30, 2009

Ode to Sunshine - A Beatnik Poem

(Please give yourself a good "snapping" beat as you read this, think "so i married an axe murderer")

Sunshine, sweet sunshine
Bright spot of candy in the sky
I miss you when
The clouds come in
I long to be blinded by, you?

Sunshine, sweet sunshine
Warming my winterized skin
I'd like to take
A holiday
To the beach where you re-, side?


Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Melese, I'ts so great to hear from you! I love your blog-your hubby seems like a nice guy!! :) Are you still in Utah? We are living next to Brian's family near Seattle until Grad School starts...hurray!! It's so much fun here. I love being able to go hiking and enjoy the nice weather in January...WiErD!! Tell me what you're up to- it's great fun keeping up with friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poem. Ofcourse I can imagine it "So I Married An Axe Murderer" style!

    I feel so sorry for you poor people who have to freeze in the darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the sun too!! Just a couple more months... (I just keep saying that).

    ReplyDelete