Monday, January 19, 2009

Freddie



This is Freddie, our fish. We've had him for about a year now, I gave him to Kyle for Valentine's Day last year. I always thought it would be hilarious to give someone a fish on Love Day and I was hoping Kyle would love the idea too.... turns out he did. So now he's our fish and we've really grown to love the little guy.

He's started this really hilarious thing recently, we call it the 'freddie dance'. It's usually right when we wake up and the light comes on; suddenly he knows he's about to get fed and in all the excitement he just can't hold still. He zips around his whole tank which makes me wonder....does he need more energy? Hmmmm.



He's got a little friend in this one ...

It's funny what you can get attached to when you're not allowed to have furry animals in your apartment. I really love our fish, I would like to think that he's prepping us for future responsibilities.

I mean really, if you can take care of a fish you're pretty much covered... right? ;)

3 comments:

  1. absolutely.
    fish, infants.... same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! You write the funniest little blurbs. You should publish them. I almost want to make a series of short films that are based on your stories. Congrats on keeping the fish alive for a year- that's impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a fish once. His name was "Crazy Menaezie". We really went all out on the name seeing how he might have been our one and only pet ever. A fish named "Freddie" tells me you may be open to more pets in the future, one special pet "chapter" in your life whereas "Crazy Menaezie" says to me that's the whole story, no more, the end. We keep kids as pets.

    ReplyDelete