Wednesday, February 10, 2010

not happy

I tried. I really did. The New Year came around and I thought 'what the hewey - I'm going to start eating healthier'. It's sad that the first thing I decided to change in our diet on the road to healthiness was turkey, ground turkey. I bought it a few weeks ago and last night I decided it was time, although nothing - and I do mean nothing - could have prepared me for what I was about... to smell.



AhhhHHHHAHHHHahhhahhhaah!


Quite possibly the worst thing I have ever smelled in my life. Here are a few things that came to mind as I opened the package:

a. an old easter egg found in late July

b. the smelly sewers of a very large smelly city... also poop.


I cooked it anyway (shepherds pie) because I don't like to waste, but I will tell you one thing: never again.

Bleh. bleh, bleh, bleh.

3 comments:

  1. really? Was it old or something? Or maybe a bad brand? Don't give up yet - ground turkey can be really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melese! I need to come for a visit. We'll go to the store and cook together. Lots of good stuff out there. Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ha :] Love your story. I think that there is a point when food gets too healthy.

    ReplyDelete