The past week has been... icky. My child, who was once such a divine sleeper, has become a newborn again. WHAT HAPPENED??
I've tried quite a few things:
rice cereal at night, hoping it would help her sleep longer - woke up at 4:00am and in hour increments until 7:00am
rolling her bassonet out into the hall (we're in a one bedroom) - still woke up around 4:30am and added bonus: began screaming. Had to get out of bed too many times, my body was not so happy.
then I realized maybe she needs an earlier bedtime, so I put her down at 8:30 last night - woke up screaming like a maniac at... drum roll please.... 3:30!
Is it just me, or do things seem to be getting progressively worse? What am I doing wrong? All you mothers out there, help! What do I need to do?? What did you do to get your lovely children to SLEEP?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wish I knew.... I fear Corban did the same thing! He is now doing 11 hour a night and still wakes up at 4 and then 7....up for the day at 8:30. He's horrible. Baby Whisperer books solved my problems for the most part. you could try it out.
ReplyDeleteNo answers here. Last night even we had Devin up with a bad dream and Nathan up twice, finally crashing on the futon in our bedroom. I think you just have to get used to being tired a lot and every once in a while go on a vacation w/out kids so you can remember what a full night's sleep feels like.
ReplyDeleteBe prepared for shock and horror...ignore your child...and go back to sleep. Not easy, I KNOW, with a beautiful baby (especially one that's sleeping 2 feet from your bed). But as long as they're fed, and clothed, and not sick, they're totally fine! Sometimes it takes a couple days of ignoring the crying baby, before they "get it" that they've got to learn to go back to sleep by theirselves. Make sure she's also on a schedule for naps during the day so when night comes she's tired and ready to go for a long time.
ReplyDeleteI think I can end this with "trust me". Since I have two cuties who both slept through the night, one at 3 months, the other at 2 months. Because, sleep for a mother is absolutely golden.
"the Wifers" has got it (sorry don't know who you are).
ReplyDeleteInvest in a book called "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Wiessbluth.
It saved me from ripping all my hair out and going postal on everybody... really! It goes through the child's ages, and what the options are at that age, and also possible problems for different aged children. VERY helpful.
Madi went from waking up 4+ times a night and NO naps - to sleeping 12 hours a night and 3 naps a day!! (switched all in 1 week!)
Let us know how it goes!
When my little one would wake up crying, I would quickly look at him to make sure he didn't have an arm stuck in the crib (which happened a few times) or had a blanket over his head, etc., and if all appeared to be OK, then I set my timer for 15 minutes...if he was still crying after the timer went off, I would go check on him. I would try not to pick him up, just stroke his cheek and try to soothe him. If this didn't work, then I would pick him up and hold him briefly to calm him down and then put him back to see if he would fall asleep by himself. More often than not, he put himself back to sleep before the 15 minutes was up, and rocking him now and again didn't seem to get him into any bad habits. He is an awesome sleeper to this day!! Good luck! Hope something works!
ReplyDeleteVodka.
ReplyDelete