Tuesday, February 23, 2010

we are so spoiled

dates + two weeks in a row = ridiculous happiness


I know, right? I think once you have kids (or kid... just one :)) you sort of forget how it feels to be alone on a date without a screaming or chatting or maybe even just sleeping child in the back. It is wonderful. On Valentine's weekend my parents came down and watched our bug for us (thank you thank you) and we went to a play, and just flirted and had a real good time together.

We took this picture as we were leaving, I think it portrays our feelings exactly:


Freeeeeeeee! look no car seat in the back!!

 

Quite possibly the BEST shake we've ever had... oh yeah and Kyle's a ssssstud!


The next weekend molly and ryan so graciously watched lily while we went out for yet another night of fun.... Ice Skating!

Would you believe Kyle has never been skating (of any kind) in his life?? I was shocked, especially since that was how we socialized as young elementary kids. The snoball... it was all about the snoball.

Here he is a few feet from the rink opening... looking terrified, isn't he adorable??



 

 He got rather good towards the end, not touching the wall or my hand... impressive. Sadly in the end, I was the one to pull us down, and let me tell you that ice is HARD. I know I shouldn't have been surprised by that, but I was. Seriously, it was like a concrete wall came out of nowhere and beat both of my knees to smithereens. They're still pretty purple (no pictures sorry, I thought that might be tmi ;)) One of the workers in the rink came rushing up to us after I catapulted my self to the ground - darn toepick - asking if we were okay. Uh, well my knees feel like they might crumble into bits and my pride is shot, but hey other than that we're great! I always hate it when people do that. Just leave me alone drenched in my own humiliation please. The sad part was that Kyle was doing great, he only fell because of the shock of me falling. Poor guy.


Here we are... can't remember if this was before or after the fall, but we're happy!


After we hit up Jamba Juice DELICIOUS. It's been a while.

 

 
brain freezes. they're a killer.


I know, we are so spoiled.

3 comments:

  1. that last pic of you is seriously hilarious. And very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such funny, silly pics- I love them! Especially the terrified look on Kyle's face before he actually starts skating! ;)

    And on V-day. . . Puh-lease. We know what you were really up to at that play! ;)

    Just flirting and having fun- ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, good for you guys! I love you describe things Melese, you're hilarious! I laugh everytime I read your posts. I'm sorry about your fall though ice skating. That sounds so painful! We get to go out this weekend for a couple of hours at least. Noel doesn't take a bottle, so you know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete