So one thing was deemed moi importante this Christmas season: taking Lily to see Santa Claus. Clarification - important to me not to Lily. Santa of course was fabulous, very nice and kind and completely decked out with a hat, beard, and a soft red and white coat. But she would have none of it. We sat close to Santa at first to see if we could warm up to him enough to be placed on his lap for a silly picture - a must have.
I've never seen her quite so shy, apprehensive and for lack of a better word completely terrified...
we tried coercing her with a cute fuzzy moose and a few other things Santa had - nope.
this is what we got : pure terror.
poor thing, she wouldn't even let me get close to him.
So what does this mean for the man in the big red suit? ... we'll try again next year, and hopefully I won't feel like a terrible parent subjecting my child to scary monsters.








LOL! That pic of she and Santa is priceless! SO much better than the traditional, boring, everyone- smiles kind.
ReplyDeleteWay to capture the terror!
I actually roared with laughter and realized I needed to be quiet with Jane sleeping in the next room. That was hilarious! I think I'll be thinking of it any time I see Santa Clause now. Thanks for sharing your memory!
ReplyDeleteI am laughing out loud by myself! Those were perfection!
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE!! Poor little Lily! Ya know what I think... I think Santas that have real beards and you can see a bit more of their face - are easier for kids to deal with.bb but i haven't actually taken my kiddos to one - so i'm not 100% sure. :) Uber Cute though!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite parts of the holiday season is seeing exactly these types of pictures. !!
ReplyDeleteps - love your jeans - so cute.
pps - Cute pics of *our* neices&nephews on my blog
So funny! You captured it.
ReplyDelete