Tuesday, June 14, 2011

salle de bains

The bathroom.  It was a scary place, I mean really really horrifying.  You have to believe me on this, because the before pictures really don't do it justice (I'm always so completely awful at taking before pictures). Yucky brown carpet covered the floor and that, coupled with the wooden toilet seat, sent my germiphobey-ness into an absolute frenzy. 

Anyway, I'm really quite proud of what we did.  Kyle honestly deserves most of the credit on this, the man is a rockstar.

Okay, and now for the scariness:

 or shall I say the handsome-ness?  eyes on the bathroom people ;)


don't you just feel depressed?  It was a monochromatic germ infested nightmare... and now it is not. :)



lily has already made herself right at home. don't you love her bath toys lined up?? I thought this was hilarious.



It was a real search for this shower curtain, let me just tell you, there are a LOT of uuuuuugly shower curtains out there.  This one I snagged from Target, seriously people, just go to Target.


Now because I am soooo bad at taking those darn before pictures you didn't get to see the hideous vanity before it was ripped out (with glee).  It took up like 3/4 of the bathroom, and was ugly - surprise.  This one is slim with a pretty sink and I LOOOOOVE it. 


new toilet seat hooooray! such an easy way to make everything look nicer.



new toilet paper roll, the old one was wooden to match the toilet seat. Like I ever want to be reminded of that yucky thing again... no thank you. 



Kyle put in all of this beautiful tile... like I said - rockstar.


he even put in a shelf... love him.


and new floors that look gorgeous! :)


And last but not least wall decor, I'm thinking something like this, only in a frame ;) thoughts?

sometimes I just sit on the floor, my back against the tub and admire our handiwork. I love this bathroom with a capital L, totally worth all of the hard work... right Kyle? ;)

8 comments:

  1. Yesyesyes, I agree - beautiful bathroom!

    Makes ya not wanna ruin it by USING that pretty toilet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. isnt it so nice having a husband that can do stuff like that?! LOVE it! i vote a big yes on framing the flower picture, totally goes. and i TOTALLY agree and can sympathize on the whole shower curtain thing! i searched everywhere online and tons of stores, but it came down to target for me too! oh and YES PLEASE to going shopping together when you come to idaho next time! PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Good job. I definitely think you need some art work there, although I can't decide if I like the matchy-matchy of the flowers on the shower curtain and picture, or if I'd rather have something different from nature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it. that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work! Very nicely done...uh...Kyle.

    However, I must comment that your toilet paper is on backwards. Fix that and you've got a masterpiece on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, gorgeous. Hold on while I wipe my little puddle of drool after seeing your vanity. Ahem-

    EXCELLENT job Mese- er, I mean Kyle. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous18 June, 2011

    After our kitchen we have the bathroom to do....
    and with that thought I know you'll be in Utah forever! Melese, I like the picture, I like the pink had soap, I love the little girl lining up her toys! Kory says she's acting like an engineer, bringing order out of chaos--or an artist making things pretty :)

    Love, Mum-Trina

    ReplyDelete
  8. its beautiful! love love love it! yea for no more wood toilet seat. and the flower picture would be wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete