Monday, June 6, 2011

the fam

Okay so we had this brilliant idea to take our own family pictures.  Mainly because all the pictures we have (which are many I should mention) really don't have all of us together in them.  So I set to work planning our outfits - it's a girl thing - and figuring out when and where and I had high hopes that we'd come home with something to throw on the wall.  I mean, we have the equipment, I do this all the time for other people, how hard could it be, right?  HARD.

Because shlepping camera equipment plus props all over the wilderness, while chasing around a two year old while setting up the shot, while working to make sure the exposure isn't to bright or dark as the clouds decide to jump back and forth in front of the sun, while running back and forth (up a hill, love you kyle) to make sure the remote is working, while trying to look pretty and pose yourselves without being able to see what it looks like is EXHAUSTING.

It really was a valiant effort, and there are a few that I do like, but man alive - never again.  I'm honestly tired just thinking about it.






7 comments:

  1. I agree, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well the effort paid off. i'm so glad it did. i can understand how that would be hard work! but you did a great job. i especially love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love. nothing but love for this dang cute pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love them! And I totally understand! One more step that makes it even harder is a hubby who doesn't like his picture taken, and thinks you only need literally one shot. The camera clicks once and he's done.
    Yours all look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous08 June, 2011

    These are so wonderful! It looks like you all had a fantastic day--even if you were exhausted running up and down the hill!

    Love, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might just be the cutest family pics EVER!!

    ReplyDelete