I really am quite pleased... only the other day I looked around our garden to find not only seven gigantor tomato plants in cages but loads of them just sprouting up everywhere. I read somewhere that you shouldn't plant tomato plants in the same place two years in a row, so I moved them one box over this year, and now our zucchini plant is being overrun by little tomato seedlings from last year. Did anyone know this could happen?? I didn't.
(I don't think he's hurting too badly ;)
I think it's kind of funny. Our first year of gardening ever we planted 12 zucchini plants. 12. I'm not sure what was going through my head and if you'd like to read about it to figure that out you may look at this post... oh and this one, maybe they will answer some questions... maybe not. All I know is we had zucchini coming out of our ears and growing the size of our limbs. so. much. zucchini.
I have a feeling we are going to have a similar year with tomatoes - maybe we'll start selling them at the farmer's market, or maybe we'll open up a fried green tomato restaurant...the possibilities are endless.
We planted peas, and corn in addition to the tomatoes and zucchini. And I think it's going to be a good year.









You and Meg = greenthumbers.
ReplyDeleteNice job!
I am impressed and jealous. This year I thought I was planting my garden with fertilizer.. and it was weed and feed. Everything is dead. Enjoy your rewards though. -Abby
ReplyDeletethey look amazing! thank you for the extra plants- they are doing good- replanting them will happen this week!
ReplyDelete