If you had five minutes to grab whatever you could, what would it be?
After family members were all accounted for we both agree we'd go straight for the pictures
I'm pretty sure I would die if I lost the pictures I've taken of my family. They are pretty darn priceless, looking back and remembering how lily used to be so tiny (where did this tall curly haired diva come from?) being reminded of things we've done as a family and falling in love all over again when I see pictures of my man being the awesome dad he is. Where in the world would I be without these pictures, am I right??
Over Christmas my brother and sister-in-law sent out discs of old family pictures to everyone in the fam that they'd taken oodles of time, I'm sure, scanning in (bless them for that); pictures of my parents when they were young parents, sweet pictures of all of us kids growing up, and even some FABULOUS old photos of my parents when they were kids. Incredible. I know it sounds so silly but I started tearing up looking through all of them.
There's just something so beautiful about seeing pictures of your mother when she was your age (even if the number of chillins vary...I have one and she had three at my age, the woman is a saint) and realizing that you are making those memories with your own children, right now. And can I just say that my mom was always sooooo stylin'?! I mean, really, she's a total fox.
And I've always been a sucker for old photographs. I have an entire wall devoted to old family photographs. It sort of melds my love for old photography and my love for my family's history all in one, I'm such a great multi tasker.
my grandpa when he was a baby.
mom in grade school. sometimes it's insane to see these pictures because I feel like I'm looking at myself.dad on the far right
how freaking awesome is this picture??? I'd never seen it before, and now it is my favorite.
Last of all I have to share a few mom/lily comparisons. It's just nice to know that I got in there somewhere, you know, cause after nine months of preggo-ness and six long weeks in Seattle having the nurse tell me I'd better try harder next time cause this baby was all dad was a little disheartening. Should I send her these photos ya think? ;)
Anyway, this being my ode to photography and documentation I'd just like to throw a little shout out to Joseph Nicéphore Niépce for getting the ball rolling. Thank you, thank you, thank you.











I LOVE genetic comparisons!! thanks for the highly entertaining post! You and your mom are so stinkin' similar... holy cow. And wow, Lily is her mama from baby to toddler. Those female genes are strong!
ReplyDeleteum wow! love these. it's great to see family resemblances. i really should scan some of my old photos... and get a scanner...
ReplyDelete