I've always really liked the "new year", it's about the only thing I like about January (sorry dear, you're just sort of a bleh month). There's just something about a beautiful clean slate and a bright new year in front of you. It's invigorating.
I've also had some time recently to think about what I want from this new year, which for some reason is incredibly difficult to do with the hubbs home, I'd rather snuggle. For example as I was putting together the new blog header (I figured it was time to replace lily's baby picture with an updated one... it's not as if I don't have any of those) I realized something sad and sort of surprising. I don't really have any recent pictures of just Kyle or just me... or the both of us together. OH.MY.GOODNESS. I have become one of those moms. I guess my excuse is just that lily always looks cute and I only sometimes look cute, and most of the pictures I have of Kyle are when he's holding lily. good grief.
1. take more pictures of Kyle and I
Also, I started getting into this terribly embarrassing habit of running around town in my house slippers.

I know right? I just have to say it was never intentional, I would always get out in public and look down and realize that yes I had again just worn my icky slippers out shopping. not just once people this has happened a good five or six times.
2. get ready in the morning for heavens sake (and wear real shoes), so that you can have pictures taken of you without looking like a mommy monster.
As I've been browsing pinterest I've constantly been impressed with people's organizational skills. I have to admit I'm not super organized, it's a little overwhelming for me but I've decided to turn over a new leaf and get on top of the piles and piles of stuff we have stashed all over the house, first stop? The laundry room.
3. organize and clean out the laundry room. make it pretty.
My little girl is growing up so fast, it's a little crazy. I think it's pretty easy (for me at least) to get caught up in projects and picture taking and miss out on the quiet small moments a mom can have with her daughter. I want to snuggle into those more this year.
4. make time for mommy daughter bonding and revel in it.
Kyle and I have been able to do a lot of fun stuff together as a couple recently (see the last post) and I've loved it! I want this year to have loads of those memories in it when its all over. He is my handsome man and he still makes me swoon, why shouldn't we still have actual dates?
5. date your man on a regular basis.
Don't you just love New Years?
ps take a look at my 365 blog, I'm almost there!



Great resolutions. I see pics of you and Kyle and that you do fun stuff, so I think your doing good, but it's good advice for everyone. I just don't take pics of me and Vance because Jane is like 1000 times cuter than us! PS I love how fun you are!
ReplyDelete