When I found out I was pregnant this time around I decided I wanted to tell our parents a little more creatively. ...last time it went something like this with my mom:
*sob* *sob* *sob* "Melese, honey, are you pregnant?" "YEEEEEEEEEES!" *sob* *sob*
So as I was sicker than a dog (it's a really good thing I forgot how awful that was, or lily may have remained an only child forever) I was very careful to only call my parents on good days... or good hours. Kyle's poor parents witnessed the whole yucky three months (since they live only a few blocks away) I did try like mad to pretend and keep it a surprise for them... but you can guess how well that turned out ;) Anyhoo, my parents came to visit at the beginning of March and I thought that would be the perfect time to tell them.
Their jaws literally dropped.
It was the coolest thing ever, they had ABSOLUTELY no idea, my plan had worked out perfectly. Here's what I bound into a book and gave to them for "their anniversary" -
...and yes, this baby is due the day after Lily's birthday. Ha, Happy Birthday kiddo! :)

















YEAH!! Congratulations! I'm super happy for you guys. And the book you made is AMAZING-- super creative, I love it.
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!! How fantastic!! Congratulations!! Your book is beautiful! Lily is beautiful! Your next baby will be too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I love it.
ReplyDeleteYay! I get ridiculously sick as well, all the parent's couldn't believe when we were expecting our 3rd, but we are definitely done now! Loved your post! What a lucky baby to have a big sister like Lily! I hope you get feeling better soon!
ReplyDelete