Sunday, April 28, 2013

when I grow up...

















Lily has had a lot of ideas of what she would like to be when she grows up.  She's mentioned a doctor, a princess, a mommy but her latest is my favorite - a Robin.  Why, you ask, would she choose a Robin?  So that she can fly like Tinker Bell.  It makes sense.

Today I gave a talk in church, and hopefully I'll be off the hook for another five years.  During this talk I spoke about Lily and what kind of woman I want her to turn out to be.  I got all weepy (of course, darn pregnancy hormones) and it was a really touching moment... for me.  Kyle told me later that he had a completely different view of that moment sitting out in the audience with our little Lily.  I started by saying "When Lily grows up, I want her to be... (long pause, getting a hold of the water works)"  during that pause lily, as if trying to help me remember something I forgot, shouted out, "A ROBIN!"

She is so helpful. :)


1 comment: