Thursday, January 20, 2011

crash boom bang

Lily has officially started walking, and she's got the bruises to prove it.  Last weekend while we were visiting for the Snowman Party (a real fun girl cousin get together) she fell down the stairs.  I almost had a heart attack.  But thankfully just a few bruises, no concussion (not sure how we lucked out there) and about ten minutes later (and a gallon of tears from her mama) she was back to her old self.  Talk about a bounce back.

Then a few days ago we hear screams coming from the bathroom - she had gone running for the tub, tripped and planted her mouth smack on it's very solid surface.  AKA blood everywhere.  I'm not good with blood, especially when it's coming in large quantities out of my baby.  I was feeling very thankful for my sweet hubby and his blessed level-headedness: 'Melese, I need you to go and get me the Tylenol' aka - you need to leave before you pass out.  Love him.

I'm not sure if I can take any more. I mean I know everyone said that the first few weeks of walking were the most dangerous but good grief, I'm not cut out for this.  Lily, she doesn't even seem to miss a beat but her mother on the other hand is going through an emotional break down - frazzled, worried and just altogether twitchy.  Lily, love, can you promise me you'll never get hurt again?   Can you just promise me that?

It would do me a world of good.





PS, aren't her pig tails to die for?

3 comments:

  1. oh Melese! I totally know what you mean-it's awful! i'm glad your hubby was there to help! ( and yes that hair is adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melese that is so scary! I can't imagine! I would totally react the same way! You are such a cute mom and Lily is soooooo cute! I do love the pig tails. I tried it on Noel but she just yanks them out;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this blog out of lack of checking. I am so sorry about her falls. Blood is scary and I always feel like the worst mother when she falls. I shouldn't take it so personally but I do. I lately have been measuring myself worth on how well Jane naps, eats, doesn't fall, etc. It is so ridiculously. But good luck protecting her. It's half tempting to put them in a bubble for the rest of their lives. And the pigs are to die for! :)

    ReplyDelete